Friday, December 28, 2007

Whew! 365 days just flew by...

Haven't written in a while, I can thank my job for this long absence. Let's put it this way, there was not much to write about anyways since I pretty much worked and slept in the last few weeks or so. Eid Al Adha also came about a week ago, I'd remember this one for a long time to come, cause I worked til 1 at night on this past Eid.

As I sit here and type away stuffed with Beef Tajine, Hummus, pita bread and mint tea from Sahara, which by the way is an awesome joint in the not-so-adventurous indie dining scene here in Harrisburg, I'm thinking in a couple days 2007 is coming to a close. It's almost like yesterday, the evening of 12/31/06 I was watching Year in Review with Anderson Cooper and looked at the Boston skyline through the windows during commercial breaks that frigid evening. Can't believe but a whole year has gone by. This time last year I had just moved to Boston and was getting used to my new job and the new place. And at the end of the year I look back and am thinking what a great year it was... from the trips to the adventures to the new experiences... I can only hope that 2008 is at least as much fun as 2007 Insha Allah.

I'm traveling tomorrow to see Umar and Usman, am excited cause I haven't seen 'em in a while. I plan to not do anything at all, just relax and recuperate for the coming weeks at work :(

No comments: