Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pretty Pittsburgh




My roommate and I drove to Pittsburgh this Saturday. Long 3+ hour drive! Whoever I asked told me that I'm going in the wrong direction of everything worth going to... but I thought what the hell? I've driven toward East, namely Philly and Jersey, to the south, namely Baltimore and the DC area, to the north to the Ricketts Glen State Park. And actually I've gone west from Harrisburg as well on my way to Ohio, but didn't stop in Pittsburgh. I thought it was a fun little day trip, nothing REALLY worth going to/for, but the views from the Duquesne Incline were just amazing. Standing here on top of Mt. Washington, you can see the whole downtown. In your view are the 3 rivers intersecting, the business district skyscrapers, the many bridges, the two fields where Steelers and Pirates play. We also got to go to the historic Carson St. and took a stroll there. Smoked Shisha at the Hookah Bookah Cafe. Gotta have that on my itinerary :)

No comments: