Sunday, November 4, 2007

The holiday season is here...


Yes, it is. For a lot of people, it means a lot of different things, winter, snow, mistletoe, shopping, presents, Santa etc. etc. To me, a major reminder of the season is the seasonal offering of Gingerbread Latte at Starbucks. I absolutely love all their espresso drinks, even though their plain coffee tastes like used engine oil. But their Gingerbread Latte is my favorite drink. I've tried it elsewhere, e.g., Dunkin Donuts, and it was pretty bad. So, I had my first cup of that at Starbucks this afternoon while I pretended to study. I also discovered a nice semi Indian restaurant around Da Burg. It's actually in Carlisle, little ways from Harrisburg. Food is mediocre and very Americanized, I mean who puts chick peas and kidney beans in Jalfrezi? But they've got an awesome relaxing smoking lounge. So my buddy and I smoked away Saturday night while listening to remixes by Khaled and Daler Mehndi. The owner of the place is Afghani, the chef is Indian, they're serving Shisha and playing Arab music and the location is a Brady bunch small town. All of that creates a fun place, that's for sure. As we smoked, a teen sitting next to me asked whether it has green stuff in it. We were like yeah like they're gonna let us smoke weed in a restaurant. Disappointed as they looked, him and his buddy left shortly afterwards :)

Also, time changes tonight, another reminder of the season. Remember to fall backward!

No comments: